Aloo Khas-Khas is delicious and very easy to prepare. There is nothing more to do with this special recipe. It is same as the normal potato sabzi. Only the khas-khas paste is added, which totally changes the taste of the curry.
Ingredients for making Aloo Khas-khas
- 1/2 kg Potato cubes
- 3 tablespoon Poppy seeds (Khas-Khas)
- Few Curry leaves
- 2 chopped Green Chillies
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Finely chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania)
Method for making Aloo Khas-khas
- Soak poppy seeds in water for 1 hour.
- After the completion of time, grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the curry leaves and after sometime add the potatoes.
- Saute for sometime, till the potatoes turn light brown color.
- Add the poppy seeds paste and saute for sometime.
- Add the green chillies and red chilli powder.
- Add nearly 1/2 cup water and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook till the potatoes are well done.
- Put off the gas, after the potatoes are cooked.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and garnish with the coriander leaves.