Veg Kolhapuri is a dish, which is very common in Maharashtra, India. It is prepared in each and every house in Maharashtra. It is categorized under the main course. It is generally spicy and tastes awesome. It is a combination of vegetables and spices. Here we have also used paneer and added the red gravy. Veg Kolhapuri is eaten with paratha, roti, naan or any type of Indian bread.
Ingredients for making Veg Kolhapuri
- 50 grams Paneer (Cottage cheese) cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped and boiled Beans
- 1 chopped and boiled Carrot
- 1 tablespoon boiled Green Peas (Mutter)
- 1/4 cup boiled Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger (Adrakh)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon Green chilli paste
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 1 finely chopped Tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1/2 tablespoon Sambhar Masala
- 1/2 tablespoon Garam masala
- 1/2 tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon RED GRAVY
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves
Method for making Veg kolhapuri
- Take a pan. Heat oil and butter.
- Add cumin seeds. When its color changes, add ginger and garlic.
- Saute for a minute and then add the onions.
- Saute till the colour changes to golden brown.
- Then add the tomatoes and saute till the oil comes out.
- Add all the masalas: Pav bhaji masala, sambhar masala, garam masala.
- Add red chilli powder, sugar and red gravy.
- Add some water and saute well.
- Add the boiled vegetables: Beans, carrot, green peas and cauliflower.
- Add paneer and salt.
- Mix thoroughly and cook on a slow flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Veg Kolhapuri is ready to serve.
How to Serve
Veg Kolhapuri is served with roti, paratha, naan or kulcha.
It can be served with any type of Indian bread.